Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rate your Retell!

I know I said I would have an app for you when I blogged again. I have the app-- not the tutorial. :( I had a serious computer issue GRR! But I wanted to share this with you anyway without the tutorial. It's very easy to figure out! It's called Nearpod. It is a free app on iTunes that lets you put your PowerPoint presentations into the hands of each one of your kiddos. You choose when the slide changes from your computer or device, so the kids are following along with you, but they have it right in front of them. It's so valuable for kids to have the content right in front of them when we teach. I have noticed a huge change in the way I present information. I love this app! 
I have even used it as a review tool for tests. I put the questions on a PowerPoint and convert it into a Nearpod Presentation. Kids can DRAW on it. Yeah! It's awesome! 

And onto Reader's Workshop. We have been working on writing summaries of books we have read. I love reading summaries that say "she had red hair. she ate breakfast. they went to bed." NOT! 
We have written summaries out the wazoo and kids are still doing this. 

Here is my solution: 



A 4 Star rating system for how well you can retell a story. I know some of us do the 3 Star drawing and coloring rating system, so this is pretty much like that. 





And guess what! It's yours for free! Just click any of the images above to download :) 

I have been working on my Fall Math Centers with my kiddos. I have to say that they are loving some missing number/skip counting! We were on struggle mode for a minute, but we got it now! If you haven't had a chance to check them out, click the the image below to see! 

Fall Math Centers {2nd Grade Common Core Aligned}


Thanks for stopping by :) I'm off to catch up on my beauty sleep! 

Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥