Monday, October 6, 2014

Virtual Manipulatives

I realize that many teachers don't yet have iPads for their classrooms. I found this great virtual manipulatives site that you can use on your Interwrite, Star or SMART board. I love this for my classroom because it's hard to demonstrate everything with my teacher iPad from the back of the room (which is where my computer is). I'd rather be able to stand at the front. The website is through McGraw-Hill and you can find the link here. It's long and tricky, but if you want that version:

http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/mathematics/ebook_assets/vmf/VMF-Interface.html

You can pick your grade.
Then select a background (they even have game boards).


 I like the bedroom... My word problems always talk about a messy bedrooom and how I had teddy bears ALL over the floor. Then the kids get to use teddy counters to show the problem. I love their little bears :)


Then pick your manipulatives! I have been using the Base Ten Blocks most right now.


Clearing your board can be tricky sometimes... You have to drag stuff into the recycle bin in the corner. I usually just go up to the address bar and highlight the address and click enter or go. It starts the page over much faster. Got to do what you got to do, right!

I hope this makes your life a little easier!!

If you haven't already... Head over to my Facebook page. I am posting my freebies there under my Fan Freebies tab! I also have some new freebies at my TPT store. If you haven't been there in a while, click on the Most Recent link at my store and you will see all kinds of goodies!

Roll the Time {A Freebie}
Writing Process Anchor Chart {Handout for Kids}


Plus... Some new paid goodies there, too!

Telling Time {Activities to Reinforce Time}
Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All {Comprehension and



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥