Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Cutest Owls and a Facebook Freebie!

So, I told you that we were working on something with glitter! We made spider webs after reading Diary of a Spider. They turned out so awesome. It was worth every speck of glitter that is still floating around ;)



We also have been using my Owls, Bats, and Cats unit and made these adorable scrapbook paper owls to go along with it. They aren't part of my unit, but I loved letting the kids choose their own paper and design it themselves. Normally, I am too much of a control freak to let kids do something without a pattern or a piece that I pre-cut, but these are too adorable.




(This one looks a bit more like a bat... But it's still precious)

We also started weather in Science and Reading this week. My kids are loving every second of it! We started out with some basic research and making some "storm webs" after reading Super Storms.

We took our webs and made them into Poplets with the Poplet Lite App on our iPads. It was a bit time consuming getting the kids all on the same page with the new app but they caught on pretty quickly. You can click the image below to check out the app (it's FREE!)



Then we used a Google -free to use and share- search to find images to add to our Poplets. I think this was their favorite part. 


I wanted to share something with you :) If you like my Facebook page, you can go to my Freebies for Fans and download my Perfect Fall Paper Pack. It's kinda perfect for Winter, too! You can find it in my TPT store for sale, but I like to give stuff away! It has frames and background papers that you can use commercially (just refer to the Terms of Use on how to credit). It's a pretty big file, so it may take a second to pop up.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster award! You can see your nomination here: Christina’s Kinder Blossoms: Liebster Award
    Have a great day!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love♥