Monday, May 7, 2012

Sight Words and Assessing

 I have... Who has? is an awesome game for Kinders. It keeps them all engaged and excited. Since the end of the year is coming up, it's time to make sure our Kinders know all their sight words. Our school is in a transition year, as many other schools, so we were not assessing the Dolch words this year. We still tried to introduce as many of the Dolch words as possible, but our focus was the Open Court sight words. I made a cute I have... Who has? Game with all of the Kindergarten Dolch words that will be perfect for next year when we make the switch. If you are already using the Dolch words, head over to my TPT or my TN store to get your copy!


So after my Kinders have gotten down counting by 10s, I need an easy way to assess them on it. The same way I have them order numbers to 15, 20 and 30, I use to have them order numbers to 100 by 10s! They get to color, cut and glue on a sentence strip and WAH-LA! Easy way to assess mastery.

The cute little snails I used are From the Pond

Ordering 10s

                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥