Sunday, May 13, 2012

Question Words

One of the Common Core standards for Kindergarten is being able to properly use questions words (who, what, where, when, how, why). This is a pretty basic concept that we teach at the beginning of the year. One of the teachers I work with makes sure that her kids always use at least one question in their writing. When I was observing her classroom this year, one of the students I watched had done a whole writing piece in questions! It's great practice for them to do this and I think I will take her idea next year :)

I made a little assessment/worksheet to make sure my Kinders know which question words to use in different sentences. Feel free to use it in your classroom!
 Asking Questions                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥