Monday, September 29, 2014

Guided Reading and a FREEBIE!

I love guided reading groups. You get a chance to work closer with the kids and learn more about them and their interests and background. It's so rewarding to watch them grow as readers through the year! 
I finally got all my groups organized and my kids reading independently (mostly) during Workshop. Now, I get to get down to the nitty gritty! My struggling readers are working on *chunking words* and retelling. They were so excited to work in their comprehension books today!


We did our picture walk and made a prediction about the story. This little fella is too smart for his own good ;) And he even added a speech bubble for his fire engine. So cute! 



You can grab my comprehension books here. I just print the pages I need depending on the group I am working with and BAM, you are ready to rock. 


Onto the FREEBIE!

We are working on place value for math and let me tell you... "The struggle is real!" We are going to practice, practice, practice until my kids are seeing hundreds, tens and ones in their cafeteria peas. I am SO EXCITED to pull out my Halloween math centers for my kids! One of my activities is working on tens and ones. 





You can get it for free in my Math Center Freebie



You also get a little word problem action in the freebie, too! I hope you can use one or the other (OR BOTH) for your kiddos this October. 

Don't forget to enter the giveaways at Tiny Teaching Shack and Teacher Treasure Hunter to win some of my new units--- PLUS a ton of other great products! 

Have a wonderful-- and restful Monday! 


(: Chelsey




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥