Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Digital Citizenship AND Blends!

PPhew! What a busy week! We finally got our class set of iPads today and I am THRILLED! It has been such a long wait and my kiddos were so excited to get to use them! We are doing digital citizenship lessons (one a week) from Common Sense Media. It is amazing and has tons of ideas and lesson plans. Check it out at CommonSenseMedia.org

Once you get there, click on Education.


Then, click on Digital Citizenship on the left. 

Under Printable Curriculum, click on Scope & Sequence.


Then BAM... You have a ton of options to choose from for your lessons! 

We have to teach our kids about the cyber world! It's such a huge part of their future! 

On another note... We are working on blends and word chunks! My kids are doing so great with these and I wanted to share with you some of our word sorts. I do a word sort every week. I do the lesson on Monday and give kids their words. I usually have three different sets of words going... But that's a whole different blog post ;) 

Monday- Kids cut up their words into a pile 

Tuesday- They sort them based on the bold header cards


Wednesday-After they sort them based on the skill, they use a DIFFERENT skill to sort them. So this set was sorted by vowel teams or no vowel teams.  


Thursday- Speed sort with a partner. Glue the sort in your word study notebook.
Friday- Spelling Test

Some teachers don't have kids glue their sorts because they reuse the cards. I think that's great, too. I keep an extra set of cards and store them in baggies so that when I need to readdress with a small group, I already have them ready!

You can grab your free R Blend Sorts HERE or click the image below!
If you download, make sure you leave feedback! It really makes a difference :)

:) Chelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥