Monday, June 25, 2012

Diigo

Have you heard about Diigo?! It is a "cloud" bookmarking tool that you can access from anywhere! It allows you to highlight, bookmark, sticky note, and share websites and resources you find online. You must get one! It's FREE! Plus, you can apply for an educator account by simply stating how you will use it with your students! Your educator application takes 48 hours for review and I'm still waiting on mine.

 Once you set up an account, click MY LIBRARY and drag the Diigolet button to your toolbar.  Then go surf the web and find blogs, websites, videos... Once you find a website you think is great, click the Diigolet button you just attached to your toolbar and it will bring up a little box with some options.
 
From there, you can bookmark the page with details about the page.
 

Let's say that I want to go to the Common Core Standards and study :) I already have the sight bookmarked on my Diigo, duh! I open my browser and click my Diigolet toolbar button and the options pop up.

I select the Diigo option and a list drops down. I can click on My Library and it will take me right to all of my saved bookmarks on Diigo's homepage! 

 
Click on your Common Core standard page and if your Diigo toolbar went away, click on it again to bring up your options. Click on Highlight and you can select your highlighter color.

Drag your mouse over anything you might want to highlight, just as if you were going to select and copy.

I like to add notes where I highlight, so I select Highlight and Sticky Note. A little box will pop up where you highlighted and you can make notes. You can also go back later and change your notes or add notes. All you have to do is click the little pencil icon before your highlighted section. Add your note and post it! I always select private so that I am the only person who can see my notes.
Once your note is added, a little number will post next to the highlighted section. You can click on it to read your note or make new notes!

Now, back in your Diigo library, you can see exactly what you highlighted under each bookmark plus the notes your wrote for each highlighted section.

If you just want to add a sticky note, click your Diigolet toolbar button and then click on the sticky note button. A yellow box will pop up where you can add your notes. You can add more than one sticky note on a page, they will be numbered and you can drag them around your page.

Then you can go back your Diigo library and see all of your sticky notes! You can also delete them from your Diigo library by clicking so obviously, remove.

 I hope you enjoy Diigo as much as I do :)


I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Kindergarten Blogs.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so helpful, thank you for sharing! I am passing along the One Lovely Blog Award to YOU! Welcome to the blog world, your blog is already "lovely." Come on over to my blog to pick it up!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I love the name of your blog. Sometimes that's what it feels like with these little one. I'm a new follower!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love♥