Friday, September 21, 2012

Reversals

So, many of you know that it has been a very busy transition back to teaching. I have been spending A LOT of time at home working on things for school. Our school has started a program called Reader's Workshop, which has taken the place of our centers/stations. We have also been working at this Balanced Literacy adoption in our district, and with it comes a lot of different things. It has been stressful and overwhelming to say the least.
I really want to get back to creating and blogging, because it has been a huge passion of mine since I started. I am slowly getting into a great routine with Madden and school so that I have the time. Those of you who have sent me sweet thoughts, I greatly appreciate them :)

So, we have done a lot in the first few weeks of school. Shapes have been my favorite so far. We, of course, did Fran's shape flip-book. We also made this AWESOME headbands that I was so proud to show off.




He has his hat on upside down, but it's Foxy Triangle! You can actually open his mouth, and inside you will find a poem:
Foxy Triangle is the name for me. Tap my sides: 1, 2, and 3.
They are really fun to make and wear! You just fold a square in half to make a triangle, add a triangle nose, two triangle ears, and two oval eyes. Glue the poem inside the mouth! Waaaahhhh-lah!

We have also started a program called Words Their Way. It's a lot of picture sorting, letter sorting, word sorting, etc. You can make your own sorts, too, and my kids really need b and d practice. It has been AH trying to get them to understand the bed technique, so I made a sort to help them out. You can grab it for free if you'd like :)
b and d letters                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥