Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grab, Count and Sort

I have few 4 year olds in my class this year that need a little extra help with fine motor. I love tearing paper crafts and was so happy to come across this cute craft on Pinterest courtesy of Finally in First

 Leaves Tearing Project
I plan to add this to practice some the sight word down:

Red leaves are falling down.
Yellow leaves are falling down.
Orange leaves are falling down.
Falling down, onto the ground.

 Down Sight Word Poem                                                                                                   

We use Math Investigations in my school. One of our lessons is called grab and count. It works just like it sounds! You grab a handful of manipulatives and you count them. Then you record what you grabbed and counted on a recording sheet. Easy, right? Well for some kids. They get it with practice.

I am fortunate enough to have a few high flyers this year. I needed something a little more challenging for them. So, I came up with this fun way to "grab and count" Teddy Bear Counters.


Grab Count Sort                                                                                                   

P.S. If you haven't already, Heather, at Heather's Heart, is having an awesome giveaway. Head over there and enter! Plus, you can browse through her blog and snag up some great freebies for your kiddos!

Hope you have a great Saturday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥