Friday, August 15, 2014

ISchool Initiative and Some Classroom Pictures!

Hoot, Hoot, Hooray! You're in 2nd Grade!! 

Our district took on a wonderful initiative called Seven Ignites. It is a one-to-one technology initiative where every student will receive their own personal computing device, an Apple iPad for grades 3-5 and a MacBook Air laptop for grades 6-12. I am so excited for this year because my classroom will now be 1:1! It is so amazing to have this opportunity to help prepare kids for their futures! 

So, at this year's district "welcome back" seminar, we had Travis Allen as our speaker.
For those of you who don't know who that is... Google him!! He is amazing! He is the president and CEO of the ISchool Initative. The company's goal is to revolutionize education through technology. And get this... He is only 23 YEARS OLD!! 



I have been working super hard this week in my classroom making it perfect for my new babies! 

Homework club is awesome! Kids have to return fully completed homework to me every morning. If they do, they get a sticker for their card. At the end of the month, (depending on the month) they have to have 12/16 stickers on their chart to be a part of our Homework Party. This is the first year I am doing this, so I am really excited about it!! 


And obviously, I have my Writing Board that I got from the wonderful Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher. You can grab yours HERE. My writing process is a little bit blurry, but you can grab it from HERE for FREE from The Teacher Wears Prada


Come see me tomorrow, I will be sharing some of my back to school activities and plans! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥