Sunday, August 24, 2014

Donor's Choose (a little secret)

Yes! I have my first week down and we are about to start our second week! My kiddos are sweeties! Which is a ripe change because last year I could barely get a hug from anyone! This year they are getting their hug on the way out and then getting back in line to get a second! I love that!

Even though I was completely worn out last week, I took the time to write a Donor's Choose grant for some new class sets of books. I was shocked when in the same day I got approved, I got funded! Thanks to some wonderful friends and family AND The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation! They have actually helped fund some of my other grants, as well. Now I have some great news to share with my kiddos about new books that they will get to use! That big old reading book with all our basal readers in it is a pain to lug around! Ugh! If you haven't tried Donor's Choose, go for it! If you utilize all your social media, you can easily get your grant funded. And... Check this out:

1. Log into your Donor's Choose account.
2. Click on where it says Hi, ________ and then click Account.
3. Click on Resources
4. Click Partner funding Opportunities

5. Click on your state.

Then, you can check out all the different promotions and funding going on right now that can get you a little extra help in your classroom! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This week we are reading on Henry and Mudge, The First Book. This always ends up being a favorite (and I just so happened to get some sets of these for my class through Donor's Choose :) ) I am so excited to use Amy Lemons A Boy and His Dog Unit! It is so versatile, too and I can use it for pretty much any Henry and Mudge book we do this year! Check it out! 

I will try to post pictures later this week of some of the cute stuff! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love♥