Sunday, April 21, 2013

Winding down!

The year is winding down and I am getting so sad. I am really going to miss some of my Kinder-babies! They are so grown up now. I love that when I read a book, they are all trying to make connections and predictions.

We have a very busy few weeks coming up, but they are definitely the most fun! Right now we are studying plants and made some paper greenhouses to plant lima bean seeds in the window. Tomorrow, for Earth Day, we are planting posies! The kids were so excited to paint their flower pots!

Next week we will be studying insects and there are some awesome TPT resources for you!

Insect or Not by Rhonda Baldacchino

Insect Research Unit by 1st Grade is Wienerful!

Eric Carle Study by 1st Grade is Wienerful!

Insect Unit Gone Buggy! by Reagan Tunstall at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits (This is so awesome and FREE)

Videos:

The Life Cycle of a Ladybug
Icky Insects (Song by Silly Bus)
Butterfly Song

Check out this Lizzie Jane's Blog for some super cute insect craft ideas:

LizzieJane Baby: 20 bug crafts to make



Enjoy the last few hours of your Sunday off :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the awesome links! We are studying bugs right now and I actually just downloaded Reagan's Gone Buggy unit! My kids are lovin' it!

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love♥